Welcome, internet minions. You appear to have stumbled upon my 'blog'. Stupid word, but nonetheless. If you appreciate the art of angry rambling then you're in the right place. Stick around.

Friday 19 March 2010

Feminism

Feminism

Yes, it's gay. Yes, it's a subject mostly frequented by lumberjack-looking dykes who hate men. But this is a subject that is very important to me, and should be (but unfortunately, is not) important to all the other women inhabiting planet earth.

Being a woman in the 21st century is quite a strange concept. We've gone through the whole votes for women, women's lib, burn your bras, I WILL NOT BE A HOUSEWIFE bollocks, and now womankind is in this strange forward/backward place. As a young woman, I can safely say about 99% of my kind make me either want to become a Eunuch or just bury my face in the nearest face-buriable object thing. For an example, take Watford on a Friday night. Lads are all dressed somewhat respectably; shirts and jeans, clean shoes, clean face, blah blah blah. But, to see a girl without her legs, and/or breasts out, and not covered in orange slap/bits of horse extension, is a rare sight. I felt like some sort of aids-ridden leper walking into Area (which shall henceforth be referred to as "a shithole") wearing black (SHOCK) jeans and a tshirt. Slags and lads were actually full on staring at me. I would also here like to reference the trash tv show Snog Marry Avoid (a guilty pleasure, I have to admit), on which a young lady of orange-extension'd persuasion said that going out of the house in trousers was like a 'sin or somefink'. (I facepalm'd). Why do other girls of my age take such pride in demoralising themselves and pitying those who don't demoralise themselves? Why do they take pride in looking like complete tarts? Why are tarts even a thing? The age old question of "Why, if a guy should choose to shag several women, is he a legend, and if a woman chose to shag several guys, a slag?" rings rather true here. If a bloke wears a pair of shorts in summer, nobody gives a shit. In summer, women get leered at from every angle if they choose to wear shorts and a vest top. Why? I can't blame men (it would be easy to, and believe me, I have a huge argument against them..) because women so readily accept the stigma placed upon them as pretty objects. If I had access to the internet at the time of writing this preach-rant-ting then I would do some research nito the origins of man and woman, and when the separation of what is 'man' and 'woman' came about. Obviously we're different; but why have the differences evolved in the way that they have?

I find it disgusting that women have to be scared to walk home alone in the dark, in fear of some mental rapist or coming across a group of pissed lads. It's vile that (SOME) men take advantage of woman's physical weakness; You don't ever hear the story of a full grown woman stalking a man home and raping him, do you?

To be continued

No comments:

Post a Comment